- Grey. Air-pollution, anti-trendy (“proletariat”) clothing, monolithic cement buildings.
- Beautiful. The ancient temples and dynastic grounds are magnificent.
- Indifferent. It reminds me more of New York than Seoul.
- Uncommercial (relative to Korea and the West). But, does it count when it’s a product of tyranny?
- Stories. Lots and lots of stories in the faces of the old.
- Libertarian. The free-market distribution of smoking and non-smoking bars is accepted as a just distribution. They’re not Communist like America.
- OK, not really. Amusing (sadly so) factoid: The Lonely Planet guides for China are banned because China and Taiwan are different colors on the map.
Women dancing outside the Temple of Heaven
Temple of Heaven